Do you get teased for being organized?
Do you receive disapproval for needing a neat environment?
Do you feel that you are “wrong” to be this way?
Would you be surprised to learn that you are right to want to be organized and neat?
Here are five reasons why being organized and neat can help you particularly if you are an HSP:
- being organized make it easier to be focused.
- being organized helps you bring your best attention to what you are doing by clearing the space around you.
- being organized minimizes distractions from things and people which reduces stress and makes work easier.
- being organized helps you use your time well so that you can attend to the most important priorities in your day.
- being organized makes it possible for you to live your dreams by getting rid of all the problems you don’t have to have in favor of the ones you do have to have.
Perhaps we have become too task oriented to perceive the larger implications of organization. I continually remind myself that cluttering up my life with problems that are unnecessary is a great way to not get to the “problems” of growing and creating that I really need. Having the problems I do not have to have is a great way to avoid putting myself out there and it does not feel very good.
For highly sensitive people, the problems of distraction and clutter are more acute. Highly sensitive people have a particular set of issues which show up in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual ways that require mindful attention.
HSP’s experience a higher level of intensity which requires different life and work strategies.
- Every aspect of life for highly sensitive people demands more of them and as a result, HSP’s bring more attention to most things they do.
- Because of the HSP tendency to sensory overstimulation, they need to manage their lives in such a way that they minimize stress overload. All aspects of life: work, social, family, and management of daily life require careful consideration.
- Highly sensitive people need to monitor the build up of stresses in their lives. We live in a culture where people are expected to put up with significant amounts of stress, which is often perceived as normal. For HSP’s, “normal” stress is a non starter. Unfortunately, HSP’s may be treated with disrespect and be perceived as weak because of their need to minimize stress in their lives.
- Many HSP’s decided to develop simple ways of living in order to keep unnecessary complexity out of their lives including keeping their diets simple. Simple living can be life saving and freeing for HSP’s.
- Herbal remedies and health practices like meditation can help to minimize the chance of disease and illness which plague many highly sensitive people.
Highly sensitive people are often creative and have the potential to achieve great things. Many are geniuses with special talents. By getting a handle on their daily lives, physical problems and stress issues, they have a chance to have the wonderful “problem” of developing their considerable gifts.
Being organized offers highly sensitive people the potential to blossom into the person they were meant to be. Having the problems you don’t have to have helps you have the problems (of growth) that you do have to have,
For More Information: