Are you aware that detoxification is only part of the process of rejuvenating yourself?
Detoxification is necessary when toxins build up in our bodies to a point where the pathways of the body become clogged so that nourishment and detoxification are not able to occur naturally.
Getting rid of toxins and restoring balance consists of 2 objectives:
- clean up the digestive and immune systems
- restoring cell and digestive functioning.
One of the best detoxification experts is Dr. John Douillard of Lifespa in Colorado. He is also the author of Colorado Cleanse which details in a very readable way why you need to detox and the steps necessary to remove toxins from the body and restore optimal functioning. Dr. Douillard’s excellent detoxification program that both detoxes and rejuvenates the body.
These are the steps for an effective detox and rejuvenation program:
- cleaning the lymphatic system, home to most of our immune system. The lymphatic system is found in the inside of our intestinal wall and extends to all the lymph channels of the body including the lymphatic systems the drain the skin and membranes of the body of toxins. When the lymphatic system is compromised, our immune systems cannot do their jobs.
- repairing the mucus membrane of the gut. Part of the lymph system is the mucus membrane of the gut which is very responsive to digestive imbalances. The imbalances show up either as constipation or diarrhea depending on whether the imbalances are drying or creating congestion. These imbalances then damage our immune functioning.
- thinning the bile. When there is congestion in the mucus membranes of the intestine, toxins do not get processed by the intestines. Instead they back up to the liver which thickens the bile which in turn congests the bile and pancreatic ducts. The result is that fats cannot be digested, fat soluble toxins cannot be processed and digestive enzymes are not as available to do their job. This compromises both the immune system and digestion.
- cleansing the liver for proper processing of fat soluble toxins and digestion of fats so that they of not end up stored in fat cells throughout the body.
- cell regeneration. When you have a build up of toxicity in the body, nutrition and oxygen do not reach the cells causing them to starve. Cell regeneration helps restore nutrition and energy to the cells of the body.
- balancing blood sugar. With all the concerns about diabetes, most of us worry about blood sugar levels which when stabilized make it easier it use fat stores as fuel for the body, in addition to preventing a long-term chronic diseases.
- restoring digestion. It is necessary to restore the necessary digestive enzymes for proper digestion to support the health of the body. They can become damaged when your system is our of balance.
So often we think that taking a pill will detox us. And it may help somewhat. However we need to engage the larger problem of getting out of balance and restoring ourselves to be really healthy.
Unfortunately, all the environmental toxins we have now makes detoxification a must for good health.
For More Information:
Disclosure: the author does not have a financial interest in Lifespa and its products.