A new year often means a new diet.
Diets are always challenging but they can be particularly problematic for highly sensitive people.
Because overstimulation, stress and difficulties with other people can overwhelm our best intentions.
Can We Make Dieting Easier For Highly Sensitive People?
There are many approaches to dieting but two stand out:
- reduced calorie diets. These diets generally take your existing diet down a notch. Depending on your current eating plan, it may be less of what you are currently eating. It may involve a change of foods. There are many dieting services like Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem among others that find ways to reduce calories without changing your food lifestyle.
- meal replacement diets. Meal replacement diets came into vogue as technology entered the food business. Once company that pioneered their use is Medifast. Meal replacements can have a high amount of nutrition for a modest amount of calories. They are dense nutrition meant to replace 1-2 meals a day.
Either of these approaches can help you lose weight but there is more to it.
What Is Weight Loss Discomfort?
One of the reasons that people have difficulty with diets, is that their bodies feel the withdrawal of food. It can be frightening.
Because of calorie restriction, no matter what your method, you body will most likely digest what you do eat fairly quickly – certainly faster than when you were eating more. So you will feel ups and down from sugar imbalances.
Whatever our current diet, we have found a way to create sugar stability in our bodies, even if it means we weigh more than we would like.
When we start a diet, we disturb that equilibrium and that causes discomfort.
Your equilibrium changes can also change your moods, make you feel weaker and make it harder to handle stress.
All of these factors can make a successful weight loss diet seem like an impossible achievement.
How To Manage Bood Sugar Levels On A Weight Loss Diet
There are herbs for managing blood sugar levels.
One of the best is gymnema silvestre which is THE Ayurvedic herb used for managing sugar levels. It will stabilize you blood sugar levels while you are reducing your weight.
It wil make the dieting experience much more pleasurable.
Other Ways To Make Dieting Easier
There are a number of other herbs that can help make dieting easier:
- ashwaghandha and brahmi are two great herbs for helping with stress. It has antioxident and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help you manage your stress levels easier when you are dieting.
- vidanga and trikatu are two herbs that improves digestion
- triphala is a great herb for balancing the entire body gently over time.
Making Dieting Work When You Are Highly Sensitive
Being highly sensitive can make health challenges greater but that does not mean that getting in shape is impossible. A solid diet plan, a sensible pace of work and rest, and herbal support can put achieving a heathy weight within reach.
Go for it!