Medicinal Organic Herbs and Essences for HSPs
What medicinal organic herbs and herbs for stress can help highly sensitive
people? Medicinal uses of herbs are centuries old sources of stress relief for
- Valerian is a relaxer that helps a person with sleep. It can be useful for someone experiencing insomnia, which HSPs often do
- Passionflower acts in a similar way to valerian. It can help with anxiety.
- Scull Cap helps the nervous system and can improve moods.
- Kava Kava is a feel good herb that helps with relaxation and sleep.
- Lemon balm and lavender are used for depression as well as stress.
- St. John's Wort is often used for anxiety and depression.
- Ginseng is an excellent medicinal organic herb that can improve emotional balance.
- Tranquil Mind: a comprehensive relaxation formula.
Ayurvedic Medicinal Organic Herbs for HSPs
Ayurvedic herbs originate in India and offer great herbal solutions for anxiety.
- Ashwaghanda is a very useful herb used to help with stress, supports a strong immune system, improves mental function, helps with anxiety and depression and is thought to have many antioxident properties. This herb can be very good for highly sensitive people.
- Brahmi or Bacopa is a rejuvenator which rebalances brain chemicals, helping with stress, anxiety, but also concentration and memory. It can help relieve headaches.
- Tagara also known as valeriana wallich
for emotional stress. It has a relaxing effect, and helps with
All of these herbs work on various aspects of stress and are good anxiety herbs.
Essences for HSPs
Flower essences are derived from plants. They are diluted extracts used to treat a wide variety of issues, often focusing on emotional problems. They were create by a homeopathic physician, Dr. Edward Bach in the 1930's and have become a popular source of relief. Dr. Bach has a group of 38 essences that are his core group of essences for treating a variety of conditions. They can be found here: Bach Flowers
A flower essence recommended by Jenna Avery, an HSP coach, and others is Yarrow. There are three different types: white, pink and yellow. The reason they are so valuable for HSPs is that they work on the boundary issues created by the natural empathy of HSPs for other people. Jenna also recommends Purple Monkeyflower for psychic fear.
A good sources of flower essences including the yarrows is Flower Essence Services. They can be found here: Flower Essence Services (FES)
Benefits of Herbs and Essences
Herbs and essences can be used on a short term or long term basis. They are a useful tool for providing relief for the body and nervous system while you develop greater knowledge and strength and can be combined with other mental stress relief practices. Nothing replaces good health practices, but herbs and essences are invaluable tools for an HSP. Anxiety herbs can offer an HSP good relief from anxiety symptoms.